Tasnim Nathoo, MSc, MSW, RSW, is a social worker, writer, and consultant located in Vancouver, British Columbia (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ lands).
Tasnim Nathoo has worked as a consultant since 2008. She provides expertise in developing continuing education for frontline workers and designing programs and curriculum.
She has worked as a clinician in the mental health and substance use system and in private practice with a focus on integrated and holistic approaches to healing from trauma and other related issues. Her background and training includes substance use, mental health and trauma treatment approaches, cognitive-behavioural therapy, solutions-focused therapy, yoga and mindfulness skills, wellness skills, brief therapy, and trauma-informed practice.
Tasnim holds a Master of Science in Population and Public Health and a Master of Social Work from the University of British Columbia.
- BC College of Social Workers (2006 – Present)
- BC Association of Social Workers (2006 – Present)
Tasnim works with individuals, government, community and non-profit organizations. Services include:
- Continuing education for frontline workers, including development of online courses, workshops, webinars and other learning resources and tools
- Program design and development
- Mentorship and professional development
- Evaluation, research, and knowledge translation
- Supervision and training
Past clients include:
- Arts in Action Society
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Atira Women’s Resource Society
- Centre of Excellence for Women’s Health
- Fraser Health
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
Tasnim Nathoo, MSc, MSW, RSW
T: (778) 838-9947