Tasnim Nathoo, MSc, MSW, RSW, is a social worker, writer, and consultant located in Vancouver, British Columbia (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ lands).
Tasnim Nathoo has a background working with children, youth, adults and families in mental health and substance use services, in the anti-violence sector, and in sexual and reproductive health services. She also has worked as a counsellor in private practice with a focus on integrated and holistic approaches to healing from trauma and other related issues. Currently, she works as a consultant with community, non-profit organizations, and government.
Her background and training includes substance use, mental health and trauma treatment approaches, cognitive-behavioural therapy, solutions-focused therapy, yoga and mindfulness skills, brief therapy, and trauma-informed practice. In all her work, she is interested in helping people develop practical skills for healing and wellness.
Tasnim holds a Master of Science in Population and Public Health and a Master of Social Work from the University of British Columbia. She is a member of the BC College of Social Workers and BC Association of Social Workers.
Tasnim works with individuals, government, community and non-profit organizations.
- Curriculum development, including courses, workshops, and continuing education for service providers
- Program planning and development
- Mentorship and professional development
- Evaluation, research, and knowledge translation
- Supervision and training
Past clients include:
- Arts in Action Society/The Purple Thistle Youth Centre
- Atira Women’s Resource Society
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Centre of Excellence for Women’s Health
- Fraser Health
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
Tasnim Nathoo, MSc, MSW, RSW
T: (778) 838-9947